link to a website that compiles upcoming pre-health events and final reminder for CARS workshop

Good evening everyone,

Welcome back from spring break. I do hope you had the opportunity to indulge in some self-care and that you return rejuvenated and ready to tackle the rest of the semester.

I apologize (sort of) for the onslaught of emails I have just forwarded to the Canvas site. I am completely unapologetic about wanting to make sure you are all aware of resources that could be relevant to your career development, but I am sorry that I got a bit behind during spring break and wound up sending a bunch of messages all at once. Nobody likes to see their inbox fill up that fast!

Dr. Pesthy and I hold membership in the National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP). Many of the resources produced by NAAHP are for advisors, but they do have resources geared towards pre-health students. I am excited to share with you that the newest student-based resource is a site where upcoming workshops, seminars, and virtual events of all kinds are pulled together into one neat, tidy place for you all. I encourage you to check this website periodically for new events.

https://www.naahp.org/hpevents/home

Finally, one final reminder that if you want to participate in our Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS) workshop, you need to sign up ASAP. Please review the email I sent out on March 10 for details, dates, times, and the registration form. It gets started at the end of this week.

No more emails tonight, I promise.

Regards,

Dr. Banta

**************************

Marilyn R. Banta, Ph.D.

(she,her,hers)

Pre-Health Advisor

Senior Lecturer

Department of Biology

Texas State University

601 University Dr.

San Marcos, TX 78666

(off) 512.245.3367

(fax) 512.245.8713

Mb79

Click HERE to schedule your

pre-health advising appointment!

***************************